May 8, 2010

Very belated thank-you for a Beautiful Blogger Award

Back in March - yes, March, fortunately of this year - Cavatica, a lovely blogger and someone who has had the guts to keep reading here while I've been working through my employment and adoption demons, gave me the honor of being mentioned in her list of Beautiful Bloggers. It's entirely undeserved, given the number of pure rants you can find here. And it's completely appreciated.

The rules are:

1. Pass it on to 15 more Beautiful Bloggers.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.

Today I'm taking a break from adoption blogging to thank the following people whose blogs give me a break from adoption-land. Some are adoptees, first parents, adoptive parents, but these blogs don't focus on it. Others have no connection to adoption at all.

Enjoy! And Cavatica, thank you, and forgive me for the delay!

The Chucklehut - Dan's writing is how I want to write when I grow up. He makes me laugh, he makes me smile. I love this blog!

River, Blood and Corn - Terra Trevor (whom you also know from In Writing Motherhood and her book Pushing up the Sky) edits this wonderful blog, which features writings by Terra and guests.

Evolution - Unique in every way. You guess who it belongs to. I'm not linking to the author's identity yet, but will when this blog's equally unique owner says it's OK.

Sheltersky - Kyungmee's photo blog is loaded with her amazing photography, which combines real and dreamed into unique results.

Musings - Musings is one of Yoli's blogs, and you can rely on it to pique your interest and your conscience.

My Exurbia - Grace shares photos of her world here, but they're anything but everyday.

a wrung sponge - Andi's poetry is the perfect respite from a crazy world

Green Fertility - My infertility days are long behind me, but there's a lot more than fertility on this blog by Marie Myung-Ok Lee.

SToNZ - Susan's blog is a wonderful amalgam of pictures of her incredible jewelry (which I love), info about the latest events in my home town (Cleveland), and snippets from her life (like Grandma Belle's stuffed cabbage recipe). Love it!

atlantic beachlife - Jeannie is "a northern girl who doesn't miss winters loves beachlife in Atlantic Beach, Florida." Love the beach - love the blog!

Busboys And Poets - From the Busboys and Poets website: "Busboys and Poets is a restaurant, bookstore, fair trade market and gathering place where people can discuss issues of social justice and peace." Who wouldn't love a blog from a place like that?

Quiskaeya - A brand-new find. Mom in a multi-racial family who writes about her experiences, and much more.

Kiss My Kimchi - Korean culture with an edge.

Life in Seoul - Wish I was there.

Wu Feng Road - Jeanne-Ming paints portraits of her friends and neighbors from Taiwan so she won't forget their faces.

And now, seven things about me:

1. I'm horribly insecure. Horribly. I crave confirmation that I'm not a complete idiot, but so far the jury's out.
2. I speak fluent German.
3. I'm a logical, linear thinker, the worst kind of person to be blogging, I think. But what can you do?
4. I have no artistic ability whatsoever, except for a little musical talent that manifested itself in piano-playing as a kid and tap-dancing as an adult.
5. I hate bugs.
6. I cannot open a bag of chips without eating most, if not all of it. We do not buy chips in large bags anymore for that reason. Ditto cookies, I just don't buy them at all.
7. I wouldn't trade my life for a million bucks.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Well deserved and you are lovely even when you are ranting ;) Some of these links are my favs too and some are new to me. Looking foward to browsing around! Thanks for sharing.

Cavatica said...

You're welcome and I have to admit, I love a good rant if the topic is good. I hate to say, I share #1 with you and now I'm really craving a bag of chips.

dan said...

wow, I'm speechless - and you know that takes some doing. Thanks so much, I hope to justify your love! So glad the powers that be brought me here and brought us into friendship!